Twitter   Facebook   Webmail
 
     
  Upcoming Events  
 

22-April -2016
OBs Meeting at Centenary Park
................................................................
June-2016
OBs Retreat
................................................................
August-2016
Career guidance weekend by OBs
 
 
 

BACKGROUND
Bukedi College, Kachong’a was founded by the Bukedi District Council of Bukedi District (currently divided into Pallisa, Budaka, Butaleja, Tororo and Busia Districts), The idea of this establishment was to place and cause access for students to study and live together without religious or ethnic bias.

Money for the construction of this facility was a contribution realized from local taxes paid by the people of Bukedi. The school was first established as a junior secondary school to educate sons of Bukedi while reflecting national interests. This establishment was opened on 4th February, 1958 under the headship of Mr. Tom K. Mugoya. On 28th January, 1958, Mr. Tom Mugoya introduced kachonga Junior Entrance Examinations to provide a qualifying factor of admission for candidates of different religious denominations.

In a meeting held at Makulu on Wednesday 29th January 1958, the school management committee confirmed the appointments of Mr. Tom K. Mugoya as Headmaster, Mr. Buyi and Mr. Otukol as members of staff. It should be known that on 27th January, 1958 Mr. Tom K. Mugoya arrived and occupied house No. 2 which was incomplete. The school opened with71 pupils. “There was no chair, no dining room table, no desk for the pupils to use” (Mugoya 1958). The students studied mainly under trees. But within one term, the buildings were complete.

 
 
 

All right reservered by © Bukedi College Kachonga 2016
Designed by Ugandanweb.com